If you’ve been contemplating a facial lift but don’t want to commit to going under the knife, this guide about thread lift risks and cost could be just what you’re looking for. Not only is this procedure incredibly effective, but it’s also minimally invasive and requires a considerably shorter amount of recovery time.
Want to know more? Read on and discover how much it costs, the results you can expect, and any potential risks. We’re confident that once you reach the end of this post, you’ll be more than ready to finally make your appointment. See the youthful results you’ve been wishing for.
What Is A PDO Thread Lift & What Can I Expect From The Procedure Itself?
A polydioxanone (PDO) thread lift, uses dissolvable polyester sutures to lift and tighten the skin for a more youthful-looking appearance.
Following a professional cleanse and after administering local anesthesia to numb the skin, these FDA-approved, ‘barbed’ Nova® polydioxanone structures inserted into the skin using very thin, specially designed needles. These threads then gently tightened to pull the skin taught. Also, smoothing out age lines, wrinkles, jowls, and sagging, as a result. This action re-aligns the skin and structure of the face. In a way that is certainly noticeable, yet not quite as dramatic as a traditional facelift. Therefore, it gives you a natural-looking lift ensuring you still look like you, just with your former, more youthful-looking profile and complexion!
The procedure is still performing in our luxury spa surroundings and takes less than 60 minutes.
Will I Need To Plan For Much Down Time?
No! Following your procedure, as long as you feel comfortable doing so, you can resume your usual activities. That said, there are some things we recommend ruling out for the first few days after treatment such as vigorous exercise, steam rooms/steamy showers, wearing makeup, and drinking alcohol. More on that later!
Is It Painful?
Considering what this treatment actually entails, let’s be honest, inserting threads into our faces isn’t exactly an everyday occurrence! We understand you’ll be wondering if it’s painful. As is true with the majority of minimally invasive procedures, different clients will experience varying pain levels. Some may experience mild discomfort/pain from the initial injections administered to numb the skin. Following this, it may only be mild pressure that they feel as the threads are inserted. For others, there may be a little more discomfort or pain whilst they undergo the treatment itself.
In terms of pain after your thread lift, some mild swelling, bruising, and tenderness are not uncommon but can be treated with gentle ice packs and over-the-counter anti-inflammatory medication. These side effects should subside after just two or three days.
It’s also worth noting that, with the number of clients enjoying the results of this treatment, again and again, it’s clear most believe the benefits of thread lifts far outweigh the amount of discomfort.
How Much Will It Cost?
The cost of your thread lifts will vary from provider to provider. On average, thread lifts in the US range from anywhere between $1500 – $4500.
Are There Any Other Risks?
Any minimally invasive procedure will carry its risks and thread lifts are no different. However, there are few risks to contemplate, and those that do exist usually only happen on rare occasions. These may include:
- Visible Threads – Though this is not a common issue, those with particularly thin skin sometimes notice their threads are visible after treatment.
- Dimpling Of The Skin – This can occur when the threads have puckered and therefore look a little like orange peel through the skin
- Pain & Inflammation – Though for most the pain and swelling post-treatment is mild, some clients may experience more discomfort with increased inflammation, bruising, and sometimes even a noticeable accumulation of blood beneath the skin known as a hematoma.
- Broken Threads – Again, this is very uncommon, but on rare occasions, threads within a lift can break leading to a small yet visible bump or an uneven appearance when compared with the other side of the face.
Preparation Before & Aftercare Following Your Thread Lift
There is minimal downtime required following your thread lift. There are some things we suggest you do/don’t do following your treatment. Equally, there are a few steps we suggest following before your appointment.
- Stay away from foods or beverages that may cause inflammation or facial bloating, such as alcohol or very salty meals/snacks
- Discuss any medications you’re on with your Doctor before booking in for your thread lift. So they can determine whether on not it’s a safe procedure for you
- Be sure not to ingest any medications capable of thinning the blood for a whole week before your procedure. These include NSAIDs such as Ibuprofen and Naproxen
- Thoroughly cleansed face is a must before the procedure. Arrive at your appointment makeup-free with your hair secured away from your face.
- Steer clear of saunas and steamy showers, these could hinder the healing process and can make any swelling
- Avoid strenuous exercise and excessive sweating for this same reason
- Sleep on your back rather than on your side to avoid putting pressure on your face
- Avoid drinking alcohol to reduce facial inflammation
Benefits Of PDO Thread Lift
When it comes to thread lifts benefits, it surprises you just how many there really are! Aside from the fact it’s minimally invasive and requires very little recovery time expect to experience:
- Instant results – Thanks to the way this treatment instantly lifts and sculpts your face, you’ll be able to see the results of your lift immediately after your appointment!
- Results that last up to 12 months or more – As with every beauty treatment, how long thread lift results last will vary from patient to patient. That said, the majority of clients see lasting results up to around the 12-month mark, sometimes longer. After this time, the threads will dissolve and be absorbed into the skin. Then, the procedure can be repeated if you wish.
- Thread lifts encourage greater collagen production – Since your body will respond to your threads as if they were a mild injury, it will encourage greater collagen production around the area of your threads, even once they’re dissolved. That means you’ll be seeing the positive effects on your face months after the threads are gone. This collagen response is quite minimal at first but will build up over time the more procedures you have. So, not only will your skin appear tighter and gently lifted, it’ll look fresh and dewy overall!
Are you finally ready to book in for your thread lift here at the Anushka Spa? We can’t wait to welcome you and deliver the youthful-looking results you’ve been dreaming of!