We’re a couple of months into 2023, and maybe you’re feeling ready to switch things up for the rest of the year and try out a new look. One of the options you might be considering is a textured fringe bob. This trendy yet timeless look is about creating a modern, edgy look with lots of volume and movement. Some variations can flatter virtually any face shape, so you can be confident there’s an option to suit you.
In today’s post, we’re going behind the scenes to offer you insider tips and tricks from salon experts at Anushka on how to rock a textured fringe bob. We’ll share everything from picking the proper cut for your hair type and face shape, to styling tips for creating a fun look to turn heads. With our advice and expert stylists on your side, you’ll get the perfect textured fringe bob.
So let’s get started!
What is a Textured Fringe Bob?
For this look, your hair is cut into a classic bob shape that’s chin-length or slightly shorter, with lots of layers throughout. The key difference between this style and other bobs is the addition of fringe around the face. This creates dimension and texture, giving your look more volume and movement.
Check out a great example of a texture fringe bob here:
Is a Textured Fringe Bob Right for You?
Now that you know what a textured fringe bob is, you might wonder if this style suits you. The good news is, this hairstyle can work well for all hair types and face shapes!
If you have thick, wavy, or curly hair, the layers will help keep your strands from becoming weighed down and frizzy. In addition, the layers can add volume and texture, making thin straight hair look thicker and fuller. No matter your type, the fringe around the face will soften any angles and create a flattering frame that highlights your features.
But let’s get more into some of the different face shapes to see how to make this look work for you.
- Round face shape: To create a face-slimming effect with a round face, opt for a textured fringe bob that’s slightly longer at the front and shorter in the back. This creates an illusion of length and draws attention away from the cheeks.
- Square face shape: With a square face shape, your best bet is to wear soft layers around the chin to soften any sharp angles and add some femininity.
- Oval face shape: An oval face has balanced proportions, so you can choose any textured fringe bob to suit your look. Adding enough texture to create volume and movement without overpowering your features is vital.
- Heart face shape: In this case, you’ll have a wider forehead and narrower chin, so you’ll want to add more volume at the bottom with shorter layers around the crown. This helps balance out your features and draws attention away from the forehead.
Getting a Textured Fringe Bob: What to Expect at the Salon
You probably wonder what to expect if you’re ready to take the plunge and get a textured fringe bob.
So here’s a rundown of what will happen during your appointment:
- Consultation: Before your Anushka salon hair stylist starts cutting, they’ll have a chat with you about your hair type, face shape, lifestyle needs, and any inspiration photos you bring in. This is important for creating the perfect look that works with your style.
- Cut: Depending on the style you’re after and your initial hairstyle, this might involve snipping away at the ends for layers or adding some fringe around the face. Your stylist will also use thinning shears to create texture and movement throughout.
- Styling: Once the cut is complete, your stylist can show you how to style your hair at home. They’ll use their professional tools to blow dry and add some light curls or waves for a polished finish.
Now that you know what to expect, let’s move on to the next section and discuss why it’s vital to communicate with your hairstylist and how hair inspo photos help!
The Importance of Communicating with Your Stylist & Bringing in Inspiration Photos
When it comes to getting the perfect textured fringe bob, communication is key! Make sure you speak up and tell your stylist exactly what type of look you’re after. They may have some great ideas, but ultimately they should be able to create a style tailored to your individual needs.
It also helps if you bring inspiration photos so they know exactly what style you’re looking for. This could be anything from an image of a celebrity or someone you follow on Instagram – make sure it’s the same hair texture as yours so the results are realistic. Luckily, a quick Google search or even using Pinterest can help you find all sorts of looks to choose from.
Tips for Maintaining Your Textured Fringe Bob
Once you’ve got your perfect textured fringe bob, you’ll want to ensure it looks just as good when leaving the salon.
Here are a few tips and tricks from salon experts:
Invest in quality products
Using professional, high-quality products is one of the best things you can do for your hair, regardless of your cut or style. Your stylist can advise you on which products are best for your hair type and how to make the most of them.
Be gentle when washing
Always use a small amount of shampoo and gently lather gently with your fingers. This is important for preserving the texture of your hair and avoiding frizz or damage.
Use heat-protectant products
Before styling or using any heated tools, spray a heat protectant through your locks. This keeps your hair healthy while also adding shine and definition to your style.
Touch up as needed
To keep your textured fringe bob looking its best, touching up the ends on a regular basis is crucial. Your stylist can help you figure out how often you should come in for a trim.
Styling Your Textured Fringe Bob
Having your stylist perfect your hair while you’re in the salon chair is one thing. But doing your hair alone once you’re home is a different ballgame! So, don’t worry if you’re feeling a little daunted – we’ve got you covered.
Here are some tips for styling your textured fringe bob at home:
- Blow-dry with a round brush: Start by blow-drying your hair in sections using a large round brush. This creates volume and movement while keeping the texture intact.
- Use hot tools sparingly: If you want to add some extra curls or waves, use curling wands and flat irons sparingly. Too much heat can damage your locks, so only use these tools on special occasions.
- Add texture sprays: For added definition, finish off the look with some texture sprays or pomades. These products keep everything in place and give you the perfect textured look.
Other Types of Bob Hairstyles
If the textured fringe bob isn’t right for you, the good news is there are plenty of other bob hairstyles to consider. From the classic bob to choppy bobs, there are countless styles to choose from.
Here are some ideas:
- Shaggy bob
You’ll have heavy layers and texture for this bob, often styled with loose waves or curls. To achieve this look, your stylist adds a lot of layers to create volume and movement.
- Asymmetrical bob
An asymmetrical bob is perfect if you’re looking for something edgy and modern. This style features one side shorter than the other, giving it an angled shape that frames the face beautifully.
- Choppy bob
The choppy bob is a fun way to try out a new hairstyle without making too drastic of a change. This cut features a lot of texture with pieces cut into different lengths for added depth and movement.
- Layered bob
The layered bob is perfect if you want something more polished. This cut features many layers, with the shortest layer around chin-length. It’s lovely for adding volume and texture to your locks without making them look too choppy or heavy.
- Curly bob
Rock those curls with this gorgeous bob! This cut is perfect for those with naturally curly hair who want to show off their beautiful locks. The layers will help keep the curls looking light and bouncy while adding definition.
- Bobs with bangs
You can opt for blunt, side-swept, or wispy bangs for a bob cut styled with bangs. Blunt bangs create a more dramatic look, while side-swept or wispy bangs give it a softer edge.
Tips and Tricks for Bob Hairstyles
We’re still going! Now, let’s move on to some essential tips and tricks for styling bob hairstyles:
- Brush or comb before using a blow dryer: Before you blow drying your hair, ensure it’s completely detangled with either a brush or a wide-toothed comb. This reduces the risk of breakage and damage.
- Remember heat protectant products: Never skip your heat protectant when you use hot tools! This keeps your hair looking healthy while also upping the shine factor.
- Be gentle when brushing: Be careful when brushing your bob – too much force can lead to split ends and frizz! Use gentle strokes with either a soft boar bristle brush or a wide-toothed comb for best results.
Fringe Styling Tips
Next, let’s take a look at some tips for styling your fringe:
- Trim often: To keep your fringe looking fresh, make sure to get regular trims. This helps keep it looking neat and tidy. Ask your stylist how often you should get trims, as this can vary depending on the cut you have.
- Use product sparingly: When it comes to styling, don’t overdo it with the product! Too much can cause it to look greasy or weighed down. Instead, use just enough so the texture is still visible but not too noticeable.
- Blow-dry from above: Rather than coming at your bangs from underneath, it’s best to blow-dry them from above. This helps create lift and volume at the roots while keeping your fringe neat and tidy, too.
- Keep cowlicks at bay: Finding it hard to keep your fringe looking polished? Use a styling cream or mousse and blow-dry it in the direction of where you want it to lay. This helps fight against any cowlicks that might be causing trouble. You can also use a clean mascara wand with hairspray to keep them in place.
Common Mistakes to Avoid With Bob Hairstyles
When it comes to styling bob haircuts, some mistakes we see people making might be preventing them from getting a look they love. But we’re here to help!
Here are some of the most common mistakes and how to avoid them:
- Using the wrong products: Make sure you use the right products for your hair type – otherwise, you could end up with limp locks or greasy roots! For example, if you have fine or thin hair, avoid heavy products like gel or oil or use them sparingly. Your stylist would love to share suggestions for your specific hair type and preferences.
- Using the wrong tools: Using the wrong hot tools can be a recipe for disaster. Investing in quality curling irons and flat irons keeps your locks healthy while creating your desired look.
- Following trends blindly: Just because a particular cut or style is trending doesn’t mean it will work for everyone! Take some time to research what kind of bob works best on YOUR face shape, hair type, and personal style.
Always remember: just because something looks good on your favorite celeb doesn’t mean it’s right for you. But there IS an option that’s perfect for you and we can’t wait to help you find it.
Textured Fringe Bob: FAQs
Now that we’ve covered the basics, let’s answer several commonly asked questions about textured fringe bob hairstyles:
How do I style a textured fringe bob?
For added movement and texture, use a curling iron or flat iron. You can use hot rollers or pin curls if you prefer more structured curls. And don’t forget to finish your look with a few spritzes of hairspray for added hold!
Can I create waves with my textured fringe bob?
Absolutely! Start by lightly spraying your hair with a heat protectant. Then, use a large barrel curling wand to create soft waves that frame your face. Finish the look with light styling cream to add definition and shine.
Should I use mousse with a textured fringe bob?
Mousse can be a great styling tool for textured fringe bobs! Apply mousse to damp hair and style as usual. This helps lock in your desired shape while also providing extra volume. Just remember, if you have fine hair, you’ll want to use mousse sparingly, so it doesn’t weigh your bob down.
How should I cut a textured fringe bob?
When cutting a textured fringe bob, your stylist will likely use “point-cutting.” This technique involves using scissors to make small incisions in the hair to create texture and movement. For best results, always consult with your stylist before getting this haircut – it requires precision and expertise.
Can I dye my textured fringe bob?
Of course. Whether you’re hoping for something subtle or bold, adding color to your look is a fun way to express yourself and your personal style. We always encourage you to consult with a professional stylist to get an idea of what shades would work best for you. They can help steer you in the right direction and ensure the color suits your skin tone.
What’s the difference between a textured bob and a layered bob?
A textured bob is a cut that includes intentional choppiness and layers. This helps create texture, volume, and movement in the hair. A layered bob, on the other hand, usually requires more maintenance and styling. They also suit those with natural waves best, while a textured bob can add shape to those without natural waves.
How often should I get my textured fringe bob trimmed?
For best results and healthy hair, we recommend you get it trimmed every six to eight weeks but this can vary a bit from cut to cut and person to person. Regular trims keep your hair looking its best and prevent split ends from forming.
Will a textured fringe bob suit my face shape?
Any face shape can rock a textured fringe bob with the right cut and styling techniques. But, of course, your stylist should be able to guide you in finding the perfect style for you – so don’t be afraid to ask questions or express any concerns or ideas you might have!
If you’re looking for a versatile and modern style, then the textured fringe bob might be the style you’ve been searching for. Book an appointment at Anushka Salon in West Palm Beach to get started on your textured fringe bob! Our expert stylists will happily work with you to create the perfect look for your individual style and features.