If you have long curly hair, you can go for either a layered cut or a blunt cut. A layered cut will help to remove some of the weight from your hair and give your curls more definition. A blunt cut gives your hair a sleek and polished look. Blunt cuts are also great for minimizing frizz.
Many people with long curly hair choose to have the ends thinned out a bit so that their hair is not so heavy. This can help to make your curls look more defined and give your hair some movement. If you have long curly hair, you may also want to consider getting a Kerastase treatment. This helps straighten your hair and makes it easier to style.
If you have curly hair, there are several different haircuts that you can choose from. The best haircut for you will depend on the length of your hair as well as the type of curl that you have. Talk to your hairstylist about what would be best for you and don’t be afraid to experiment with different hairstyles until you find the one you love.
Now, let’s move on to caring for those gorgeous curls of yours!
How to Care for Curly Hair
Curly hair is unique in that it is often drier than other hair types. This is because the natural oils produced by the scalp have a harder time traveling down curly, coiled strands. As a result, curly-haired people often have to use more conditioner and oil treatments to keep their locks hydrated. Here are some tips for keeping your curly hair happy, healthy, and strong:
- Use a clarifying shampoo once a week. Curly hair can easily become weighed down by by-products, which can lead to frizziness. To avoid this, use a clarifying shampoo once a week to remove product buildup from your scalp and strands.
- Deep condition regularly. Dryness is one of the main complaints with curly hair, so it’s important to use a deep conditioner regularly. Look for a conditioner packed with hydrating ingredients like glycerin or honey.
- Avoid heat styling when possible. Heat damage is one of the worst things you can do to curly hair. If you must use heat on your curls, make sure to use a heat protectant and keep the temperature low.
- Invest in a good haircut. A great haircut makes all the difference in how your curly hair looks and feels. Talk to your stylist about the style that will best suit your face shape and curl type.
- Be careful with brushing. Brushing curly hair can cause frizz and breakage, so it’s best to avoid it whenever possible. When you must brush your hair, use a wide-tooth comb and be gentle.
- Use the right products. Not all hair products are created equal. When choosing products for curly hair, look for ones that contain natural ingredients and that are designed specifically for curly hair.
- Protect your curls at night. Sleeping with wet or damp hair can cause frizz and breakage, so it’s important to protect your curls while you sleep. You can do this by sleeping on a silk pillowcase or using a satin scarf or bonnet.
What to Avoid for Curly Hair
The best haircuts for curly hair avoid one-length cuts, as well as blunt edges. Both of these can make your hair look boxy, which is the last thing you want with curly hair. Instead, go for a more layered look to give your curls some definition and movement.
As far as styling curly hair goes, it’s best to let your natural texture do its thing rather than try to fight it. Embrace your curls! Since curls tend to be on the drier side, however, you will want to use a good conditioner and maybe even a leave-in conditioner to help keep them hydrated and looking their best. Be sure to also use a diffuser when you blow-dry your hair to avoid frizz.
Tips for Styling Curly Hair
Tips for Styling Short Curly Hair
If you have short curly hair, there are a few things you can do to style it and keep it looking its best.
- Start by towel drying your hair after you shower and then apply a leave-in conditioner.
- Use a diffuser when blow-drying your hair to help add volume.
- When styling, use a product that will define your curls without weighing them down.
- Try not to touch your hair too much throughout the day as this can cause frizz.
Tips for Styling Medium Curly Hair
If you have medium curly hair, you have a lot of options when it comes to styling it.
- You can wear it down, in an updo, or half up and half down.
- If you wear it down, you can use a leave-in conditioner followed by a curl cream to help define your curls.
- For an updo, start by putting your hair in a high ponytail and then twisting it around itself to create a bun. You can secure it in place with bobby pins or a hair tie.
- If you want to wear your hair half up and half down, start by putting your hair in a low ponytail and then pulling out some of the front pieces to frame your face.
Tips for Styling Long Curly Hair
Finally, if you have long curly hair, you can also wear it down, in an updo, or half up and half down.
To style it down, use a leave-in conditioner followed by a curl cream or serum. You can also try the pineapple method: put your hair in a high ponytail on top of your head and then secure it with a scrunchie. Sleep with it like this and then take it down in the morning for defined curls.
These are just a few styling tips for different lengths of curly hair. Experiment with different styles and products to find what works best for you. And don’t forget, the most important thing is to embrace your natural curls!
Now that you know some of the best haircuts for curly hair, how to care for it, and some styling tips, you’re on your way to rocking gorgeous, healthy curls. Embrace your natural texture and have fun experimenting with different styles. Curly hair is beautiful, so show it off! Trust one of the talented stylists at Anushka Salon to bring one of the best haircuts for curly hair to life on your locks! Book in today.