Looking for a way to reduce sagging around your jawline and cheeks? Then a thread facelift could be just the solution you’re looking for. In this post, we’ll tell you everything you need to know about this non-surgical option, including how it works, the science behind the procedure, and what to expect.
What is a Thread Facelift?
Thread lifts work by stimulating collagen production, which is the protein that gives our skin its structural support. As we age, our collagen levels decline and this can lead to sagging skin, particularly around the neck, jawline, and cheeks. By threading a needle through the skin and placing thread implants beneath it, you are essentially kick-starting your body’s natural collagen production process, which helps to lift and tighten the skin over time.
What Causes Sagging Skin?
The natural aging process happens to us all. When it does, the skin begins to sag thanks to that loss of collagen production we mentioned.
However, there are also a number of other lifestyle and environmental factors that can contribute to sagging skin.
Along with the natural aging process, these include:
- Sun damage
- Hormonal changes (e.g. during menopause)
- Sleep deprivation
A thread facelift is a great way to combat the signs of aging as well as many of these other causes of sagging skin without having to go under the knife. If you’re considering this option, keep reading for more information on how it works and what you can expect.
How Does it Enhance Your Sagging Cheek and Jawline?
As we mentioned earlier, thread lifts work by stimulating collagen production. This is done by threading a needle through the skin and implanting thread implants beneath it.
The science behind thread lifts is based on the principle of tissue remodeling or rejuvenation. When you insert the threads into the skin, they create tiny wounds that then heal and produce new collagen fibers. The new collagen helps to support and firm up the areas you’re treating, including sagging around the jawline and cheeks.
The threads are made from biocompatible materials such as polydioxanone (PDO) or polycaprolactone (PCL), which are slowly absorbed by the body over time.
Once implanted, these threads will stimulate the body’s natural healing process, causing new and improved collagen to take effect!
What is a Thread Facelift Procedure Like?
Most people report feeling minimal discomfort during and after their thread lift procedure. You may experience some swelling or bruising in the days following a thread lift, but this should subside within a week or so. Results will be gradually visible over the course of several weeks, with full results typically seen after three to four months. Thread lifts can last for up to two years, after which time you may opt to have another thread lift or a different type of procedure to maintain your results.
To recap, if you’re considering getting a thread facelift, here’s what you can expect:
- The procedure takes around 30-60 minutes to complete
- You will be awake during the procedure, but you will be given a local anesthetic to numb the area
- The threads will be inserted through small incisions in your skin
- You may experience some bruising and swelling after the procedure, but this should resolve within a week
- Results are typically visible within a few weeks and can last between 12 months to two years
There are all kinds of benefits for opting for this treatment instead of a surgical facelift.
To name a few:
- Restoring youthful volume to your face
- Tightening and toning the skin
- No scarring
- Long-lasting results
- Minimally invasiveness
- No general anesthesia required
- Relatively short procedure time
- Low risk of complications
- Can be performed as an outpatient procedure
- Minimal downtime or side effects
Is It Right for You?
If you’re frustrated with sagging skin around your cheeks and jawline, this procedure might be right for you. However, as with any treatment, a thread facelift isn’t necessarily right for everyone.
Here are some signs you would be a good candidate for a thread lift:
- You have mild to moderate skin laxity
- You’re not yet ready for a surgical procedure
- You want to avoid the downtime associated with surgery
- You want to see results gradually over time
If you’re considering getting a thread lift, it’s important to go to a trusted and experienced professional to get the job done. And as always, make sure you do your research before making any decisions!
Other Options to Consider
Many patients also like to add dermal fillers to help create more structure and minimize age-related volume loss. We offer several options for doing so, including:
- Restylane® or Juvéderm®: These are helpful for adding extra volume to your midface and cheeks along with smoothing out wrinkles and creases
- Restylane Silk® or Juvéderm: Both options are useful for adding more structure and volume to thinning lips, along with your firmer, more youthful looking neck and lower face.
- Volbella®: Many patients who are hoping to achieve subtly plumper and more glossy lips opt for Volbella injections alongside their thread facelift.
Experience the Anushka Thread Lift Method
At Anushka Medical Spa, Bonnie Marting, DNP, APRN, and the team of experts she leads treat jowls and sagging skin in the midface with thread lifts. Did you know a thread lift can even create younger, poutier lips for some patients?
When you choose Anushka Medical Spa for your thread lift, you can rest assured you’re turning to trusted professionals in a safe and comfortable environment for your treatment.
So there you have it! Everything you need to know about thread lifts and how they can enhance your appearance. If you’re considering this procedure, please call us today to book a consultation at Anushka Spa. We will be happy to answer any questions you may have and help you decide if this is the right treatment for you.