If you’re looking for a short wavy hairstyle, this blog is perfect for you! There are several advantages to this style, and it’s becoming increasingly popular. In this blog post, we will discuss some of the biggest benefits of short wavy hair. So if you’re considering a change, read on for inspiration!
The Advantages of Short Wavy Hairstyles
- Short wavy hair is low maintenance. This style requires very little styling, so it’s perfect for busy women who don’t have time to fuss with their hair every day.
- It’s a great style for hot weather. Short wavy hair naturally has a lot of body and movement, which helps keep you cool in summer months.
- This versatile style can be worn many different ways. You can wear it sleek and straight or tousled and messy – the possibilities are endless!
- Short wavy hair is trendy right now. So if you’re looking to stay up-to-date on the latest styles, this is the perfect option for you.
So there you have it – some of the biggest reasons to try short wavy hairstyles. If you’re thinking about making a change, this could be the perfect option for you.
Now, let’s move on to some tips for maintaining short wavy hairstyles.
How to Maintain Short Wavy Hairstyles
Following these tips should help you maintain short wavy hairstyles for months (or even years) to come!
- Use a high-quality shampoo and conditioner specifically designed for curly hair (We’d be happy to recommend one!)
- Avoid using too much of your styling products, as they can weigh your hair down and make it look greasy.
- Let your hair air dry whenever possible – the natural movement of your waves helps keep them looking healthy and shiny.
- If you need to blowdry your hair, use a diffuser to help reduce frizz.
- Try not to overstyle your hair – short wavy hairstyles look their best when left natural.
Styling Tips for Short Wavy Hairstyles
Next, here are some styling tips for helping short wavy hairstyles look their best.
- If you have straight hair, use a curling wand to create loose waves.
- If your hair is curly, try applying a smoothing serum to help tame frizz and define your curls.
- For a more tousled look, scrunch some salt spray into wet hair before air drying.
Do’s and Don’ts
Here are a few more do’s and don’ts for short wavy hairstyles.
- Use a good quality shampoo and conditioner meant for your specific hair type.
- Do air dry whenever you can.
- Use a diffuser to help reduce frizz.
- Overstyle your hair.
- Don’t use too many or too much of your styling products.
- Do not forget to trim your ends regularly.
- Don’t neglect your scalp – make sure to keep it clean and healthy!
How to Help Your Waves Last Longer
Depending on your hair type, it could be a challenge to keep it wavy. It might even feel like no matter what you do, your waves fall flat the second you walk out the door. If you fall in that category, here are some can’t-miss tips to help your wavy hair last as long as possible.
If you’re struggling to keep your short wavy hairstyle in place, there are a few things you can do to help.
First, start with clean, dry hair. Then, apply a curl-enhancing product to your damp hair and let it air dry, or use a diffuser on low heat. Once your curls are dry, finish with a light holding spray. You should also avoid touching your hair too much throughout the day – this helps reduce frizz and keep your curls looking their best.
Another helpful tip for keeping your curls in place is to sleep on a silk pillowcase. Silk helps reduce frizz and keeps your hair from breaking, which can help keep your waves looking good for longer.
Other Hair Care Tips for All Hair Styles
Regardless of your hairstyle or length, there are several “best practices” we recommend for most of their clients to help their hair not only look its best but also be its healthiest.
- Eat a balanced diet with plenty of protein to help your hair grow strong and healthy.
- Drink plenty of water – dehydration can lead to dry, brittle hair.
- Avoid using too much heat (with styling tools), as this can damage your hair and cause it to become frizzy.
- Get regular trims – trimming your ends every six to eight weeks helps keep your hair looking healthy and prevent split ends from forming.
- Be gentle with your hair – avoid excessive brushing, tugging, or pulling
- Be mindful of the products you use in your hair – look for natural, sulfate-free options whenever possible.
- Use a heat protectant before applying any heat styling tools.
- Wash your hair with cold water.
How to Choose the Right Short Wavy Hairstyle for You
With so many short wavy hairstyles to choose from, it can be tough to decide which one is right for you. Here are a few things to keep in mind when choosing a short wavy hairstyle.
First, consider your hair type.
If you have straight hair, you’ll want to choose a style that will give you the most texture and volume. Maybe your hair is on the thinner side, avoid styles that are too short or choppy – this will only make your hair look thinner.
If you have curly hair, you’ll want to choose a style that accentuates your curls and gives them some extra definition. Avoid styles that are too short or tight – this will only make your curls look frizzy.
Then, think about your lifestyle. If you’re always on the go, a short, messy style might be best for you. If you prefer a more polished look, try a style with longer layers and less volume.
Finally, think about what accessories you want to wear. If you like to wear headbands or hats often, make sure your hairstyle works with them.
No matter what style you choose, remember it’s important to find one that makes you feel confident and comfortable. So don’t be afraid to experiment!