Are you looking to switch up your look with new red hair color? There are so many stunning shades of red to choose from, it can be hard to decide! In this blog post, we’ll share 10 of our favorite red hair colors for you to try. From bright copper reds to dark mahogany reds, there is something for everyone! We also have a beautiful red money piece on black hair that is sure to turn heads. So if you’re ready for new red hair color, read on for inspiration!
10 Stunning Red Hair Color Ideas to Try
This rich red is perfect for those who want a sophisticated look. It is also a great color for special occasions. These shades of red are also perfect for those who have black hair and want to add a pop of color.
Crimson red suits anyone who wants to try a red hair color but doesn’t want something too drastic. It’s a deep red that has blue undertones, which makes it ideal for cooler skin tones. If you have brown eyes, this red will make them look almost black – which is super striking!
To get this shade, ask your stylist to mix a cool-toned red with some dark burgundy hues.
Want a bolder look? Give fire red a try! It is also a great color for special occasions when you want to make a statement. Fire red tends to run more on the orange side, so if you are looking for a red that is more true red, this may not be the color for you.
Fire Engine Red
Slightly different than fire red, this vivid red is ideal for those who want to make a statement. It looks stunning on all skin tones and really pops on those with green or hazel eyes. To achieve this red, ask your stylist for a base of red hues with orange undertones.
This red shade is lovely for fall and winter, but there’s no time of year when ginger red doesn’t look beautiful! It’s a great red hair color for those with warmer skin tones and goes well with green and brown eyes. It’s achieved by using red hues with gold undertones. Ask your stylist to add some red highlights around your face to brighten up your complexion.
This red is a classic and will never go out of style. It’s great for those with cooler skin tones and goes well with blue and green eyes. This shade of red can be achieved by using red hues with blue undertones. Ask your stylist to add some cherry red highlights throughout your hair for a pop of color.
Red Money Piece on Black Hair
This is a stunning color idea for those who want to add a pop of color to their black hair. The red money piece on black hair adds just the right amount of drama and sophistication. It’s an awesome way to make a statement and ensure your hair stands out in the best way!
This red is perfect for those who want a classic, bold look. Ruby red hair is known for being vibrant and full of life—just like you!
Red and Blue Hair Color Ideas
Next, we have a red and blue hair color idea. For this look, you will need to start with bleached hair. Once your hair is bleached, you will then apply a red hue all over. After the red has been applied, sections of your hair can be dipped in blue dye. Make sure to leave some red showing through for a truly unique look!
Red and Black Hair Color Ideas
If you want to add a fun pop of color to your black hair but don’t want to commit to an all-over red hue, then red highlights on black hair are the way to go! Ask your stylist to place the highlights around your face for a bright and beautiful look.
So there you have it – ten stunning red hair color ideas that are sure to make you stand out from the crowd! Which one will you be trying?
What Skin Tones Look Best with Red Hair?
There’s a shade of red out there for everyone—don’t let anyone tell you otherwise!
To find your perfect red, start by identifying your skin’s undertone. You can do this by looking at the veins on the inside of your wrist; if they appear green, you have warm undertones, while blue or purple veins indicate cool undertones. If you can’t seem to tell, then you likely have a neutral undertone.
If your skin has warm undertones, opt for a red with orange or gold tones like fire engine red or auburn. These shades will complement your skin tone nicely and make you look glowy and radiant.
If you have cool undertones to your skin, go for a red with pink or blue tones such as cherry red or burgundy. These shades will make your skin look bright and luminous.
If you have neutral undertones, you’re in luck because just about any red shade will look great on you! Try a true red or even auburn for a stunning look.
Tips for Making a Dramatic Hair Color Change
Thinking about making a big hair color change like one of the red hair color ideas we just shared? Ready to ditch your boring old blonde or brunette hair for something new and exciting? Red hair is the way to go!
But before you go about making a big change like dyeing your hair red, don’t miss these tips and tricks for making a big hair color change next!
- Talk to your stylist: Before you do anything, it’s always best to consult with a professional. Your stylist will be able to help you decide if red hair is the right color for you and what shade of red would complement your skin tone best.
- Do a patch test: If you’ve never dyed your hair red before, it’s important to do a patch test first. This helps ensure you don’t have any adverse reactions to the hair dye.
- Choose the right shade of red: There are so many different shades of red hair color to choose from! Do some research and find the perfect shade of red for you.
- Be prepared for maintenance: Red hair requires a bit more maintenance than other hair colors. Be prepared to use color-safe shampoo and conditioner, as well as touch up your roots every few weeks.
What to Know Before Trying These Red Hair Color Ideas
Ready to make the switch to red hair? Here are some things you should know before taking the plunge:
- Red is a high-maintenance color. You’ll need to use special shampoo and conditioner formulated for colored hair, and you may need to touch up your roots more frequently than with other colors.
- Don’t forget about the heat protectant! Red hair is especially susceptible to damage from heat styling, so make sure you’re using a product to protect your hair before you style it.
- If you’re not ready for a permanent color change, consider using a red hair gloss or semi-permanent color. These products will give your hair a red tint without the commitment of a full-color change.
Tips for Caring for Dyed Hair
Whether you’re trying one of these red hair color ideas or dyeing your hair another color, caring for your hair properly is critical for getting the lasting result you want.
Here are some tips for how to do that:
- Avoid washing your hair for the first 48 hours after dyeing it. This gives your color time to set.
- When you do wash your hair, use cold or cool water and a sulfate-free shampoo designed for color-treated hair.
- Every couple of weeks, use a deep conditioning treatment to keep your dyed hair healthy and hydrated.
- Be careful when you’re using heat styling tools, as they can damage your hair and cause your color to fade.
- If you’re planning on spending time in the sunshine, wear a hat or use a product with UV protection to keep your red hair color from fading.
- To prevent your red hair color from bleeding, wait at least a day after dying it before washing it. You can also rinse your dyed hair with cold water after shampooing and conditioning.
- Touch up your roots every four to six weeks to keep your red hair looking fresh.
Try One of These Red Hair Color Ideas Today
Now that you’re armed with these tips and red hair color ideas, it’s time to take the plunge and dye your hair red! With so many gorgeous different shades of red to choose from, there’s sure to be the perfect one for you. So go out there and rock that new red hair color with confidence!
Of course, we’re here to help! Making a change like dyeing your hair red is best done with the help of a professional stylist, like the ones at Anushka Salon. Call today to book in with one of our talented stylists.