The eyebrows are one of the most defining features on your face, and it’s no wonder more people than ever have set off in search of the perfect signature brow for their face.
The Status Brow: Sculpting The Signature Eyebrow
If you’re looking for a way to get the perfect eyebrows for your face, then look no further than the status brow. This new trend in eyebrow sculpting is all about getting the perfect, defined eyebrows that suit your face shape. So whether you’re after a more natural look or something more dramatic, there’s a status brow style to suit everyone.
So what are status brows? They’re simply eyebrows that have been expertly sculpted to perfection. The status brow look can be achieved through a variety of methods, including waxing, threading, tweezing, and even microblading.
If you’re after a more natural look, then waxing or threading is the way to go. This will give you defined, yet still soft, brows. If you’re after something more dramatic, then tweezing or microblading may be the better option. This will give you sharp, defined brows that really make a statement.
No matter what your style, there’s a status brow look to suit everyone. So why not give it a try? You might find it’s the perfect way to achieve the perfect eyebrows for your face.
Eyebrow Treatment Options
Next, let’s talk more about each option you have to choose from when sculpting the signature brow, beginning with lamination.
This is a treatment that helps to realign the brow hairs and give them a more uniform shape. It’s similar to a lash lift, but for your eyebrows! This treatment is perfect for those who have unruly brows that need taming. The lamination process takes around 30 minutes, and the results will last around six weeks.
(We share brow lamination aftercare tips here)
If you’re looking for something a little more permanent, microblading may be the right option. Microblading is a kind of semi-permanent tattooing that can give you defined, natural-looking brows. The results of microblading can last anywhere from 1-3 years, depending on your skin type.
If you want to try something temporary first, then eyebrow tinting is a great option. This treatment will add color and definition to your brows, and the results will last around 4-6 weeks.
If you’re after a more defined look, then eyebrow waxing is the way to go. Waxing will help to shape your brows and remove any unwanted hair. You can either head to a salon or do it yourself at home.
If you choose to wax your eyebrows at home, then we would recommend using an at-home wax kit. These kits come with everything you need to get the perfect brows, including wax strips and a pre-waxing oil. However, it’s always best to go to a professional if you can.
Another option for those with sparse brows is powder brows. This treatment involves using a special eyebrow powder to fill in any sparse areas and create a more ombre look that many clients are after.
(Visit this post to learn about the difference between powder brows vs. microblading)
If you’re after a more natural look, then eyebrow threading is the perfect option for you. This ancient hair-removal technique will give you defined, yet still soft, brows. Threading is also gentle on the skin, making it a great option for those with sensitive skin.
Eyebrow pencils or powder
Finally, if you’re after a more natural look, then we would recommend going for an eyebrow pencil or powder. These products can be used to fill in sparse areas and give your brows more definition.
How to fill in eyebrows
If you’ve never filled in your eyebrows before, then don’t worry – it’s not as difficult as it sounds! First, simply use light, feathery strokes to fill in any sparse areas. Then, use a brow brush or spoolie to blend everything out.
How to Care for Your Signature Eyebrows
Next, let’s talk about how to care for your eyebrows after they are done.
- If you’ve had your eyebrows waxed, then we would recommend avoiding water or steam for at least 24 hours. This will give the skin time to heal and prevent any irritation.
- If you’ve had your eyebrows tinted, then we would recommend avoiding water or steam for at least 48 hours. This will help to prevent the tint from fading too quickly.
- If you’ve had your eyebrows microbladed, then we would recommend avoiding water or steam for at least seven days. This will help to prevent the ink from fading too quickly. Once the initial healing period is over, it’s important to maintain your brows to keep them looking their best.
We would recommend using a brow serum or oil to keep the brow hair healthy and hydrated. You can also use an eyebrow pencil or powder to fill in any sparse areas. Finally, make sure to brush your brows daily with a brow brush or spoolie to keep them looking neat and tidy.
Signature Eyebrow Trends Over the Years
Like anything else, eyebrows go through trends. What’s popular today might not be popular tomorrow. Here are some of the most popular eyebrow trends over the years:
- The ’80s: The ’80s were all about big, bold brows. Think Brooke Shields and Madonna.
- The ’90s: The ’90s were all about thin, straight brows. Think Kate Moss and Christy Turlington.
- The 2000s: The 2000s were all about thicker brows, often with a more defined border.
- Now: Nowadays, it’s all about individualized brows – there is no one-size-fits-all trend.
So, whether you’re after big and bold or thin and straight, you can rock any look you want! That being said, one look we see a lot is feathered brows, often achieved with lamination.
How to Choose the Right Eyebrow Shape for Your Face
Now that you know all about the different types of eyebrow treatments and trends, it’s time to talk about choosing the right eyebrow shape for your face. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- If you have a round face: If you have a round face, then we would recommend going for a more angular brow shape. This will help to elongate your face and make it appear more oval-shaped.
- If you have an oval face: An oval face shape is considered by some to be the ideal shape, so you can pretty much pull off any brow shape. However, we would recommend avoiding anything too harsh or angular as this can make your face appear more round.
- If you have a square face: In this case, we would recommend going for a more rounded brow shape. This will help to soften the angles of your face and give you a more gentle look.
- If you have a heart-shaped face: If you have a heart-shaped face, then we would recommend going for a softer, more rounded brow shape. This will help balance your facial features and give you a more symmetrical look.
We know eyebrows are a hot topic and there’s much to learn. So, we’ve compiled a list of frequently asked questions to help you out.
What is a signature brow sculpt?
A signature brow sculpt is a type of eyebrow treatment that gives you perfect, symmetrical eyebrows. It involves waxing, tweezing, and trimming your eyebrows (or using any other combination of eyebrow treatments) into the desired shape.
How do I do my eyebrows?
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this eyebrow question as everyone’s eyebrows are different. However, we recommend starting with a brow pencil or powder to fill any sparse areas. Then, use a brow brush or spoolie to brush your brows into place. Finally, use a setting gel or wax to keep them in place all day long.
How can I keep my eyebrows in place?
There are a few different ways you can keep your eyebrows in place. First, you can use a brow pencil or powder to fill in any sparse areas. Then, use a brow brush or spoolie to brush your brows into place. Finally, use a setting gel or wax to keep them in place all day long. Alternatively, you might opt for brow lamination, a treatment that helps keep your eyebrows in place for up to six weeks.
How can I make my eyebrows grow?
If you want to grow your eyebrows, we recommend using a brow serum. This is a type of product that is designed to encourage hair growth. You can find brow serums from many different brands, including RevitaLash and RapidLash.
Book with Anushka Salon
The team of professionals at Anushka Spa and Salon is here to help you achieve your brow goals! So, whether it’s a brow sculpt you’re after or simply some advice on how to fill in your eyebrows, we can help. Book an appointment with us today!